A Closer Look: 52 Not-So-Ordinary Devotions for Those Who Love the Word of God
- Why does the order of Jesus’ temptations in the wilderness differ when comparing the parallel accounts in Matthew and Luke?
- If Christ was raised on the third day, “according to the Scriptures” (1 Cor. 15:4), where do you find that in the Old Testament?
- Was there really no room for Joseph and Mary in the inn?
- Which prophet was spared death because of Uriah’s death?
- Who was Ahithophel related to, and why does it matter?
- Did Jonah’s prophecy against Nineveh fail?
- Was there more to Jesus’ turning water into wine than simply a display of His divine power?
This book tackles these questions and many others both exegetically and devotionally.
Each brief exposition deals with a passage and/or details that have often been overlooked or taken for granted by those who read the Scriptures regularly. Their treatment in this book calls us to A Closer Look.